Thursday, June 26, 2008

queen of something challenge

i'm making this post so that i can save a place for my queen card challenge. i currently hold the "Queen of Chaos" title. "QOC" for those that have never been crowned. with this title comes alot of responsibility. i mean you have to be ready to run outside in your pajamas when your 2 year old escapes after breakfast. you must always tell your children that they're not going to go to the pool if they don't behave. as QOC you have to be ready for any and all events. if you find out 20 minutes before that your inlaws are on their way over for dinner, you get to really flaunt that QOC title.
i'm delighted to wear this crown. indeed i am but the title that i covet is the Queen of Completion. now that's a title that sounds fun!
i will get a card done. it may be by the time the next challenge comes around but i'm going to conquer it.

5 comments:

Robin said...

okay - but if you're going to hold yourself accountable your goal has to be measureable - so WHEN are you going to complete a card? (don't hate me, i just read something on our work goals and they have to be measurable ... SIGH). Maybe you need to be making a card for baby Elliot? His soon to be Mama would like some mail! (hint, hint)

Anonymous said...

i didn't realize the queen of chaos title was already taken. i can relate!!

Jilliene Designs said...

Hi Shani,
I just wanted to pop in and say hello! I hope you are having a great summer!

Sooz said...

GIRLLLLLLL!! IT HAS BEEN A MONTH! BLOG SOMETHING ALREADY!! AND WHERE ARE YOUR CARDS?!?!? I WANNA SEE!!!!!

Jilliene Designs said...

Hi Shani,
As you described the job description for QOC, I was smiling ear to ear because I have those EXACT same scenarios in my life and I too, feel like things are always on the brink of unraveling. And when I think about it, I somehow manage all of it with kindness, patience and love which is pretty remarkable if you think about it. Being the QOC has its drawbacks too. I think I walk around waiting for a crash, scream or worse of all, silence (you know they are really up to something when the house is quiet) and sometimes it prevents me from hearing the wind chimes in my backyard or reading with a cup of tea. The title I'd like to try is the queen of wisdom. I feel like I'm constantly having to make decisions for my kids, my family, my marriage and myself and I have such trouble knowing what I should do? "Should I sign the kids up up Music now or what until the fall so we can have some quiet time before school?" "Should I let the kids play in the back yard so I can work or should I take the kids to the pool?" blah blah blah... seems like silly stuff when I look at it but when your day is completely packed with this kind of stuff, it can get overwhelming. yes, queen on wisdom would be nice!